Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Place of my Own

I have never had a place all to myself, let alone a room of my own. Since I was little, I've been sharing with the family. I never got to experience decorating my room as to what I like. A person who never got to experience having an own room would naturally want to have one just like how a girl with a straight hair would want to have a curly hair or how a a tall person would like to be short. 

So, yes. Growing up, I've longed for a room of my own but I still haven't got it yet. Due to some circumstances, I'm stuck sharing a room with my brother. I'm in a house with my cousins. But you know what I've realized? I realized that I may not be ready to live on my own yet. I dream of having a house all to myself but I think living in it alone would be lonely. I have had moments when all of them are out and I'm the only one in the house. At times I'd feel happy because I got the place all to myself but sometimes I'd feel lonely. I guess I'm just not ready.


Even though I'm not gonna be purchasing any houses or apartments anytime soon, I seem to find myself planning what my place would look like. Right now I'm interested in small apartments. Various kinds of smallness. And when I say small, I mean really small. Just enough to fit in all the things I need. I find small apartments cute. The picture above is my attempt at interior designing, which I'm not good at all. I forgot how I came to this site but I'm glad I did. It lets me plan how a room should look like.

The thing I really want most right now is a room of my own--not a house but a room. I want to have that feeling of having my own property. A place I can call my own. A place where I can dump all my things. A place where I can have my privacy. A safe little haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment