Sunday, November 18, 2012

Good ol days

















 *photos here aren't mine. grabbed them from different sources.

Here's a random fact about me: I love the good ol days.

I love how people before are so engaging with one another. And I mean real human to human contact. Not through computers and internet. There were afternoon teas and parties and dances. Oh, the dances! How I'd like to try those traditional dances wherein you have partners. I also would like to try dressing up in ball gowns and dresses. It's not easy being in those clothes but I'd like to try.

And whatever happened to the gentlemen? Where are they now? It would be nice to have plenty of them in the here and now. Those noble, agreeable and well-mannered gentlemen. Someone to open doors for the lady, someone to give flowers and chocolates and just someone who will treat a lady right. I don't see a lot of them right now. tis sad..

I guess the main reason for why I yearn for the old days is because I've been reading a lot of Jane Austen novels. But still, I'd like to try living in the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment