Friday, November 16, 2012

An Infliction in the Past

I often wonder how other people can talk so easily and confidently to other people. I am not a talker. As much as I can I avoid contact with other people. I'm uncomfortable around them. I don't know why but I get scared around them. This makes me think that maybe there's something wrong with me. I'm shy but I'm sooo shy that I can't even go out to places on my own. I'd want someone to come with me because if I'm all alone then I get scared. Scared of what I don't know. I remember my brother telling me something because of my reluctancy on being on my own. He said, "Why are you scared? They're just human. You treat them as if they're your enemies." He had a point though.

I have a theory as to why I'm like this. The problem is I'm not sure if what happened was real or was just a dream. But come on, why would I dream something like that if it never happened, right? ...right? I don't want to write down what happened. I also don't want to tell my parents. It's hard, embarrassing and infuriating. I don't know if I'm giving too much away but I hope not.

I just wish that I can get over it and change. I want to become a better person. Someone who is worth remembering. Someone who can have an effect on people. Someone who can change lives. Someone who is strong, happy and brave. Someone my parents can be proud of. I just want to be someone who's not scared to face life and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment