Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brain's Taking a Dump

I've got a lot of things on my mind right now. I sometimes think that my brain's going to blow up if I start thinking about them again. The thing is this week has been one h*ll of a week for me. There were lots of works to be done and I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted to. I'm so looking forward to the weekend so that I might have a break even if it's just for a day.

So here are a few happenings, realizations, or whatever in my life this week:


  • We cannot control everything. Sometimes the best way to go is to let things just happen and see where it takes us. We sometimes feel that we have to be in control of things so that everything will go the way we want it but being a control freak will only cause stress and disappointment, because not all things are meant to be controlled. 
  • A friend of mine commented that maybe I was part of some kind of a royal family because of my look and actions and that maybe I was just being silent about it. This actually made me happy. I don't get a lot of compliments like this. Actually, it hit me that I was not the only one who thinks that other people might have a secret identity. I sometimes make up stories about the people around me whose qualities I find unique and interesting.
  • If we want to do something, the best time to do it is NOW! We shouldn't wait for the right time and all that bullshark. You see, I have this tendency to think things over. For example, I want to bake but I have all these reasons that prevents me from doing what I want, like not having an oven or not having money to buy the ingredients or not having the time. I tend to tell myself that I'll do it once I have the money and time. This kind of thinking does nothing. Another example is I want to wear something stylish. But you know what I do? I wait for the right time to wear it. The right time that is never gonna come. So that's why we have to do things NOW rather than later. Live in the moment because we never know what will happen next, cliche as it may sound. 
  • What if you suddenly find out that your time here on earth is almost up? Like you suddenly find out that you have cancer. It's quite sad, right? Knowing it's almost the end. That there are things you'll never get to do. We have to live life to the fullest so that there will be no regrets. Take every opportunity that comes because we don't know if we'll ever get something like that again. We should live like there's no tomorrow. 
  • Some sayings may be cliche and overly used, but there's always a truth in them.
  • My mind's cleared up a little after writing this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment