Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Secret Crush

I have a confession to make. I never even told my best friend this.

In high school, my best friend had a crush on this guy who was a year older than us. He was good-looking, rich and a jock. He was popular in school and a lot of girls had a crush on him. My best friend was head over heels for this guy. She kept telling me all the things she loved about him. So whenever I see him in the hallway or something, I can't help but be aware of him. Then this awareness grew into something I can't quite put a label on. It's like I was starting to like this guy, too. I even fancied myself in love with him but that's just silly because who could love someone they don't even know, right? But I never told my best friend this. Maybe I was afraid that it'd cause a rift between us or maybe I thought that I'd eventually get over it so I didn't tell her. And now years has passed and we're in different places now but I'm still affected whenever I see his pictures in a social networking site.
*I'm happy to say I don't have a crush on him anymore. :D

I'm reminded by this quote but I can't recall the exact words. It goes something like this: My friends ask me what I see in him and I smile and say nothing because I don't want them falling in love with him, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment